Last updated April 19, 2020.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by The Uniform Store, LLC, to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
For citizens of the European Union (EU), please search (Ctrl+f) this page for the term “GDPR” to find the relevant sections.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us (when you register with the Site or our mobile application), or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site (and our mobile application), such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site (and our mobile application).
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site. If we have a mobile application and you are using it, this information may also include your device name and type, your operating system, your phone number, your country, your likes and replies to a post, and other interactions with the application and other users via server log files, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
During the process of placing an order through our E-commerce shopping cart, we may collect certain financial information, such as data related to your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) that we may collect when you purchase, order, return, exchange, or request information about our services from the Site (or our mobile application). We do not store any financial information that we collect, either on the premises or our retail store or on our web server. If you have concerns about your payment security when shopping at our store or on our E-commerce website, please consult our Payment Security page located here. Otherwise, our payment processors (PayPal or Square) may store financial information; and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies and contact them directly for responses to your questions.
The Site (and our mobile application) may by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to individual permissions. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
Data From Social Networks
We may gather user information from social networking sites, such as Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks. If we have a mobile application and you are using it, this information may also include the contact information of anyone you invite to use and/or join our mobile application.
Mobile Device Data
We may gather mobile device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
We may gather information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Site permission to access this information.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
We may also gather personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
Mobile Application Information
If we have a mobile application and you are using it, we may gather certain information when you connect using our mobile application:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including certain mobile device functions (BlueTooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage) and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site (or our mobile application) to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site (and our mobile application) to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site and (and our mobile application).
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site (and our mobile application) more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site (and our mobile application).
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site (and our mobile application).
- Notify you of updates to the Site (and our mobile application(s)).
- Offer new products, services, a mobile application(s), and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site (and our mobile application).
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Site (and our mobile application).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site (and our mobile application), those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site (and our mobile application), your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site (and our mobile application) in perpetuity.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site (or our mobile application). These companies may use information about your visits to the Site (or our mobile application) and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
If we have a mobile application, it may display a third-party hosted “offer wall.” Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in our mobile application and be displayed to you based on certain data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will leave our mobile application. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit your account.
Social Media Contacts
If you connect to the Site (or our mobile application) through a social network, your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site (or our mobile application); if an opt-out option is available when you register, or;
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences if that opt-out preference is available in your account profile, or;
- Clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail correspondence you receive from us, or;
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site (or our mobile application), you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site (or our mobile application). To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site [or our mobile application], but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
EUROPEAN UNION (EU) GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) PRIVACY RIGHTS
Personal Data That We May Collect
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
- Fan Club: Your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Website newsletter opt-in form: Your name and e-mail address.
- Website customer account: Your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Online order: Your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Contact us form: Your name, e-mail address and comments or questions.
The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
We collect the information above for the following purposes.
- Fan Club: To send you monthly and birthday month coupon offers.
- Website newsletter opt-in form: To send you e-mail newsletters and coupon offers.
- Website customer account: To provide you access to our website to place orders, check order status, manage your account and manage orders.
- Online order: To place an online order.
- Contact us form: To answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding our website, products or services.
Legal Basis For Collecting and Processing Your Information
Under the new GDPR regulations, websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is as follows. Please note where consent forms the basis, you can withdraw consent at any time by opting out of any e-mail message using the “unsubscribe” link.
- Fan Club: We will ask for your consent prior to enrolling you in our Fan Club.
- Website newsletter opt-in form: Our website newsletter form uses a double opt-in consent approach. Submitting the form on our website is the first phase of consent (opt-in) and you will receive a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm your consent (double opt-in).
- Website customer account: We will collect your name, address, phone number and e-mail address as part of a legal business transaction in order to place an immediate or future order on our website.
- Online order: We will collect your name, address, phone number and e-mail address as part of a legal business transaction in order to place an immediate order on our website.
- Contact us form: We have a legitimate interest in providing a response to any questions or comments and we may need to use your data to do so. We would not use the data for other purposes..
“Legitimate interests” for processing your personal information exist where you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed and there is no undue impact on you. If you disagree or have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Access To The Data We Collect
We process and access to the data we collect from you. However, we may use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of recipients:
- Financial transaction processors (processing your payments)
- Social media websites
- Email communication manager
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
Any third parties will have signed contract with us in which they are prohibited from using, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than our specific business.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Data Retention Period
We generally will keep your data indefinitely until either:
- We determine that you are an inactive customer and remove your information from any marketing databases, remove your website customer account or remove your customer account in our retail store point of sale system; OR;
- You request that your information be deleted from our systems such as you requesting to be unsubscribed from our e-mail newsletter; requesting to delete your website customer account; or requesting to be deleted from our retail store Fan Club database.
We may retain your data for a certain period of time even after you have requested your information be deleted until such time as we perform periodic audits of our customer databases to delete inactive customer information or accounts.
Your Rights to Ask for Corrections, Erasure, And Export of Your Data
Under the new GDPR regulations, you have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Even though you may have previously given us your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you receive e-mail messages from us, you can use the “unsubscribe” link in each message to withdraw consent and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com with your request.
Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us or Complaints
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
Representative: John Beggs
The Uniform Store, LLC
10 Weems Lane
Winchester, VA 22601-3602
You can also send correspondence by traditional mail to us at The Uniform Store, LLC; 10 Weems Lane; Winchester, VA 22601-3602.
The Uniform Store, LLC
10 Weems Lane
Winchester, VA 22601-2674
Phone: (540) 678-8711
FAX: (540) 678-8712